Building Design & Remodeling Services
Designs provides a full range of building design services. We can
also secure engineers, contractors and any other outside consultants
required so that you have a single point of contact for your entire
Our services include:
- Full design from kitchen and bathroom remodels to new custom homes
- Designs in various architectural styles, including historical
- Master planning for large projects to be built in stages
- Planning Department interface for projects that require special
design approval or variances
- Creation of permit-ready construction documents
- Title 24 energy calculations
- Referrals to appropriate contractors based on client needs and
scope of work
- Providing outside consultants for structural/civil engineering,
soils investigation and land surveying
How We Work
Because we have a thorough knowledge of the construction process
and associated costs, we focus on ensuring that our designs reflect
both customer specifications and construction feasibility. Here
are the steps in a typical project:
- Meet with client to evaluate project, define scope of work,
verify feasibility, and compare scope of work to construction
- Prepare contract and outline fees to complete permit-ready plans.
Check and verify local zoning codes.
- Upon acceptance of contract, measure "as-built" floor plan and
- Design first draft of project design and present to client.
- Meet with client to review feedback and revise design as necessary.
- Meet with prospective contractor to ensure that design will
fit within construction budget. Modify plan accordingly, if required.
- Obtain any special design approval required from local Planning
- Prepare construction documents. If required, engage structural
engineer and/or other outside consultants.
- Send out final plans for final bids.
- Submit plans to local building department for plan check/approval